How do I make custom ACC liveries?
You can read my extensive tutorial here.
Where can I download custom ACC liveries?
You can find my custom liveries in this overview post here. Another great resource is Racedepartment’s archive for other people’s work.
I downloaded a custom livery but it does not show up
If you’ve downloaded a custom livery but it does not show in-game, it could be due to a few reasons:
- If you can’t find the car anywhere in the game make sure the car file (carfilename.json) is in the correct folder. This would be in your Documents folder on your C:\ drive, under Assetto Corsa Competizione, Customs, and Cars.
- If the car is selectable in-game but has no custom livery, make sure the livery files (decals.png and sponsors.png) are in the correct folder. This would be in your Documents folder on your C:\ drive, under Assetto Corsa Competizione, Customs, and Liveries.
If all of those are set correctly but the game still won’t show the custom livery, you need to follow the following steps:
- Make sure the game is closed
- Open the file menuSettings.json in wordpad, you can find this file in your Documents folder on your C:\ drive, under Assetto Corsa Competizione, under Config.
- Find the value “texDDS” and if it is set to ‘1’, change it to ‘0’. You can find texDDS near the bottom of the file.
- Save the file and close it.
- Go into the livery folder (under Customs > Liveries) of the livery you want to add and make sure you delete any files called “decals_0.dds” or “sponsors_0.dds“.
- Start the game and your livery will be there.
My friends can’t see my custom ACC livery
Unfortunately, custom liveries in Assetto Corsa Competizione (ACC) are not officially supported. The only way you can see them is because they are loaded locally. They are not shared through the server. In order for other people to see your livery, they need to have them installed in their custom liveries folders. This means you have to share them.
There are multiple ways you can share your liveries. A good idea would be to create a shared folder on some cloud-hosting service, such as Google Drive.
I have a different question on custom ACC liveries
Feel free to ask your question in the comments below or by sending me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Once I’ve found the answer to your question, I will add both to this page.