Enhanced Diecast: Hot Wheels 1:64 BMW Z4 M GT3
The BMW Z4 M GT3/GTE was announced in 2010 and started racing in a wide range of categories before being replaced by the M6 GT3 in 2016. In 2020, Hot Wheels (re)released a tribute to this car (#172/250, Nightburnerz 7/10) which arrived on my doormat via Aliexpress a week ago.
This sunday, I found the time to ‘enhance’ the quite barebones paintjob on the Z4 M like I did with the Ford GT40 before and the Bentley Continental GT3 before that – making this my third enhancement. Lets see how it went!
Here’s the materials I used. I used the same Tamiya spraypaints I’ve been using before (TS-30/Silver leaf, TS-49/Bright red, TS-29/Semi-gloss black, TS-26/Pure white), a 000 and 0 size acryllic brush, a piece of cardboard and my trusty toothpick to scratch away excess paint.
Now, before I show you the after results, lets adress what I did to it.
On the front, I painted:
- the splitter black;
- the grille silver;
- the kidneys black;
- the holes in the front bumper black;
- a dark line above the headlights;
- the headlight coverings silver;
- the headlights white.
On the top, I painted:
- the hoodclips silver;
- the windshield washers black;
- a black line around the front windshield;
- a white sunblocker on the windshield;
- the antenna black;
- the rear wing black.
On the sides, I painted:
- the rims black;
- the axle red;
- parts of the tire wall white (to fake a logo);
- the inside of the side airvents black.
On the rear, I painted:
- the inside of the rear airvents black;
- the exhaust gaps black;
- the exhausts silver (with a black inner dot);
- auxilliary holes black;
- the brake lights red;
- the rear lights red;
On the bottom, I painted:
- the exhaust silver.
I’m sorry to bother you with this long list.
[…] BMW Z4 M GT3 […]